The pseudonym "Philo Vaihinger" has been abandoned. All posts have been and are written by me, Joseph Auclair.

Saturday, April 5, 2014

The second greatest thing

The second greatest thing to happen to my body, after childhood,  - the first was sex - was my doctor ending decades of suffering by prescribing daily omeprazole.

OK, the brand that made it famous was Prilosec.

Adult beverages have flavor!

I never knew that until I hit my fifties.

Beer tastes good!

I had never noticed - never been able to notice, through the pain - in all those long years.

Even whiskey - but not Bourbon - is good!

I spent a summer, once, after that, sampling beer styles, discovering I like many of them.

But I cannot abide a beer snob.

I like Pilsner Urquell, but I like Pabst and Miller, too.

Too bad when Narragansett sponsored the Red Sox I was unable to give it a fair trial.

Yeah, from the start of High School all the way to my fifties, chronic heartburn, esophageal reflux, altered flavors for the worse or entirely hid them behind pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment