The pseudonym "Philo Vaihinger" has been abandoned. All posts have been and are written by me, Joseph Auclair.

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Variations on a theme

Predators vs Prey

Interest group politics

Homo homimi lupus

Ask Nietzsche about the reciprocity between these and morals.

Capitalism is restrained predation.

You can't enslave but you can exploit by paying the lowest possible.

You can control what others cannot (property), thus creating desperation to exploit.

And for what others need and you control you can charge what the traffic will bear.

2 comments:

  1. "Capitalism is restrained predation".

    Bit of a stretch, Philo, and I write as a former second-hand car dealer which, of course, I only undertook in the interests of the little old ladies whose cars I nicked - ooops, sorry, I mean whose cars I frequently overpaid for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No stretch, at all. Predators go hungry, too.

    ReplyDelete