The pseudonym "Philo Vaihinger" has been abandoned. All posts have been and are written by me, Joseph Auclair.

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Beards of the Week at Sullivan

Beards Of The Week

Every once in a while I start to let my close-trimmed Van Dyke get long, or even think about a return to the shovel I wore for decades.

Or a flat out full beard, even.

But then I remember that at my age and in my weight class I would end up looking too much like Santa Claus, a fat old Karl Marx, or even Gabby Hayes.



Nah.

At a guess, more than half the men in America wear some form of facial hair.

Nobody wears a tie who isn't made to, not even professionals.

Things you would never know watching the evening news.

Especially if you only watch the politicians and journos.

No comments:

Post a Comment