The pseudonym "Philo Vaihinger" has been abandoned. All posts have been and are written by me, Joseph Auclair.

Monday, April 13, 2015

Worse than Zinn

Uruguay author Eduardo Galeano dies

Like Zinn's magnum opus, Galeano's book was an international hit achieving sacred text status for the global radical left almost immediately upon its initial publication.

Though I have read the "People's History" more than once, I have successfully not read the "Open Veins" for more than four decades, beginning in the 1970s when some devoutly leftist acquaintances at Duquesne University urged it on me.

No doubt Chavez was sneering when he made his gift to O, whom he scorned.

Those same acquaintances, as I recall, favored the communists in Portugal after Salazar, and in Spain after Franco.

You may imagine what they thought of Pinochet.

No comments:

Post a Comment