The pseudonym "Philo Vaihinger" has been abandoned. All posts have been and are written by me, Joseph Auclair.

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

The death of "ought"? Not at all.

Our contemporary secularists can stand a world without God only because they don't see it as a world without morality, meaning, valid ideals, and a true common good.

Eyes firmly shut, they refuse to see these are just more delusions, more lies.

More "wheels in the head," so to speak.

But they will never see that even if they say it.

True activists are always true believers.

Reading Peter Watson, The Age of Atheists.

7/3, I've read enough to regret buying it.

Phooey.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting statements. I sometimes wonder how much faith Atheists have in Atheism. As a believer in God, I have my own doubts about things, I wonder how many avowed atheists have so much doubt about Atheism that they could be called God believers. (Mike Hatcher here, from Liberal Values blog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of the time I am almost as confident God does not exist as that Santa does not exist. Some days, maybe not quite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would consider that makes you a quite solid Atheist. (Not that you necessarily care what I consider you) Thanks for your feedback. I'd use something other than Anonymous but it seems most compatible with my office computer that blocks a lot of other stuff. Mike Hatcher

    ReplyDelete