The pseudonym "Philo Vaihinger" has been abandoned. All posts have been and are written by me, Joseph Auclair.

Monday, October 13, 2014

Yesterday was Columbus Day, by the way

Happy Columbus Day.

In 1492, Columbus sailed the ocean blue

If Columbus Day is a celebration of violence against Indians, is Independence Day a celebration of slavery, phallocracy, and racism?

Depends on who you ask, I suppose.

In all my years of celebrating both holidays (I'm a geezer), I honestly don't recall anyone raising a toast to genocide, say.

Maybe I wasn't paying attention.

PC begins with Berkeley.

How Indigenous Peoples Day Came to Be

So now our holidays are to be chosen by people who still say Uncle Ho was a Jeffersonian Democrat, wanted the North to win, and wanted a red revolution in the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment