The pseudonym "Philo Vaihinger" has been abandoned. All posts have been and are written by me, Joseph Auclair.

Saturday, September 28, 2019

The nice old (white) woman in the hospital waiting room

I, who am 70 (and white), am calling her old.

So maybe in the 70 to 80 range.

I was alone in a waiting room outside an ICU, trying to read the same page of my book for the hundredth time.

My wife was a patient inside.

She came in and sat for a while, the old woman, and then approached to ask if I minded her turning on a TV at the opposite end of the room, setting the volume low.

Of course not.

And then she spent the next couple of hours, until I left, watching Fox News pro-Trump spins on the latest scandal, that of the Ukraine.

Tucker Carlson, to be sure.

No doubt in the senate the Republicans' defense of Trump will echo their defense of Kavanaugh.

Endless chorused shouting in faux rage and outrage.

After all, Lindsey Graham is reputedly organizing it.

Welcome to the US of A, banana republic, with a mini-Mussolini for its president.

No comments:

Post a Comment