The pseudonym "Philo Vaihinger" has been abandoned. All posts have been and are written by me, Joseph Auclair.

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Edward London long classic butterfly

Newly arrived from Amazon.

At a fall sale price of $14.85, they're selling it cheaper than the Edward London site that wants $17.95, on sale from a normal price of $28.95.

No case, no blades, though it does come in a nice box, mine rather dinged up by Amazon or by the delivery service.

It's quite hefty.

I'll try it tomorrow.


Update, 9/23/16, Friday. 

This is a very heavy razor. 

On one use, I say it seems aggressive, though perhaps less so than the Baili, than which it is much heavier - and longer. 

I used the same Dorco blade today that I used new in the Baili yesterday.  

Excellent shave, but more caution is required than by the milder razors. 

The same is true of the Baili.

No damage, though. 

Like the Baili, a bit harsher on the skin than the milder razors - the Feather, Merkur, and Weishi.

Excellent shave, but I question whether it's any better, or more easily achieved, than the shaves I get with the mild razors.

They do take more touching up, especially the Feather. 

But at less risk of bloodshed and less roughness to the skin or burn.

Hmm.

9/24.

Used the same razor again.

Cut to pieces and burned raw.

As bad as the worst with the Long Feng.

No comments:

Post a Comment