The pseudonym "Philo Vaihinger" has been abandoned. All posts have been and are written by me, Joseph Auclair.

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Proraso vs. VDH; Weishi vs. VDH.

Several days ago, the puck of VDH scented soap I had been using ran out, and since then I have been using a new, green tub of Proraso, bought some time back, as an experiment.

This morning, annoyed beyond further toleration at its inferior lubrication, I threw the Proraso in the trash.

As another experiment, I bought a puck of VDH unscented that I will use tomorrow.

Supposedly it differs only in lack of scent from the VDH scented, but, interestingly, the scented is white while the unscented is clear.

It may have been just the Proraso soap, but it seems to me the Weishi I just got in the mail from China is as mild as my Feather Popular.

In hopes it would be a little less mild, I bought at VDH at the local Giant Eagle.

Imagine my annoyance to discover it appeared identical in every respect to the Weishi 9306-F.

I had seen information on the web that the VDH razor is made in China and many people thought it similar to other types of Weishi, but I have seen nothing comparing it to the 9306-F, in particular.

I say it's the same razor.

I have already returned the VDH to the Big Bird for a full refund.

And I hope the Weishi will be more effective with the VDH soap than it has been with the Proraso.

Oh, the Proraso left a kind of dull soap scum to be seen on the razor as it dried on the rack, even though I rinse thoroughly after shaving.

The VDH scented did not.

No comments:

Post a Comment