The pseudonym "Philo Vaihinger" has been abandoned. All posts have been and are written by me, Joseph Auclair.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Weishi 9306-F

Ordered it for 12 bucks, free shipping from China.

It came in the mail yesterday with 15 Dorco blades and a cleaning brush, all in a traveling case.


Reputedly the Merkur 180 and Feather Popular are about equally mild, but I find the Merkur a tad less mild and the Feather a tad too mild.

I am hoping the Weishi will be a bit more like the Merkur than the Feather.

This is not a long handled razor, and so is unlike the Popular and 180 in that respect.

We'll see how this goes.

Fact is, the arthritis in my fingers and thumbs makes me a bit unsteady, which is a reason to use a mild razor.

And it's also turning out to be a reason to use a butterfly rather than a 3-piece, it being simpler to change blades.

Update, 9/14.

Mild as the Feather, but heavier.

Nice shave.

I find I prefer the long handle.

Update 9/28.

It turns out there is a long handled version of this Weishi available.

But I doubt I will buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment