The pseudonym "Philo Vaihinger" has been abandoned. All posts have been and are written by me, Joseph Auclair.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Victory?

I'll believe it when I hear O has signed it.

But the Internet is flooded with the news of Republican collapse.

We'll see.

I don't know how you feel about it, but I think this has been a valuable lesson on the true nature of the mislabeled American conservative movement, its radicalism, its irresponsibility, and its profound hatred for the real America.

And the terrible threat posed by the possibility that it will someday again control the Congress and the presidency.

Genuine, honest to God fear of what they would do to America, to my family, and to me brought me to the polls in 2008, 2010, and 2012.

In 2004, out of disgust with Kerry, I voted for Nader.

But the conservatives have never seemed quite this radical and dangerous.

Their aims have not changed since the days of Goldwater.

But with the passing years their methods have gotten worse.

My fear of them is now at a high point.

I doubt I will ever vote for a minor party, again.

Or sit out an election.

Irrational, I know.

One vote is insignificant, meaningless, an historic and political invisibility.

But there it is.

It would be comforting to think lots of people felt the same.

But I fear America has not learned the proper lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment