The pseudonym "Philo Vaihinger" has been abandoned. All posts have been and are written by me, Joseph Auclair.

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Leave it to the Times

Look, I want to see this movie and I enjoy Tom Cruise.

But even so the Times' sex role/sex reality bullshit here is a bit thick, with this review approving of the film's Tarzana as a praiseworthy, artistic representation of a "strong woman" character.

And then there was Maude.

And the Times loved her.

P.S.

It ain't just the Times.

It's the unified voice of the liberal/libertarian/secularist cultural established.

My wife showed me the review in EW, #1315, June 13, 2014.

Almost giggling with enthusiasm, Chris Nashawaty writes,

It's being sold to the public as a Tom Cruise movie.

But deep down, it's the most feminist summer action flick in years.

Since Ripley's last set-to with the aliens, in fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment