The pseudonym "Philo Vaihinger" has been abandoned. All posts have been and are written by me, Joseph Auclair.

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Damned thing smoked like a tanker on fire at sea


Not for the first time, I got stuck this morning driving behind a Pittsburgh school bus billowing great clouds of pale blue, horrific exhaust that didn’t dissipate for blocks behind it.

The city, or maybe it’s the school district, really doesn’t want to pay what it needs to to keep these old wrecks of busses in proper shape and stop the damned smoke.

I have serious respiratory problems and I think of the billowing exhaust and the stench and my lungs closing up behind school busses, public transport busses, and way too many out of control trucks every time some stupid, tree-hugging kid insists we need more busses on the road and fewer cars because diesel is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment