The pseudonym "Philo Vaihinger" has been abandoned. All posts have been and are written by me, Joseph Auclair.

Thursday, June 6, 2019

The Hyde Amendment

In my view, this and such other bits as the Stupak-Pitts Amendment forbid both too much and too little; they prohibit expenditure of federal funds for any abortions except if the mother's life is in danger (too much) or the pregnancy arises from rape or incest (too little), as well to support insurance plans that ignore this same rule (too much, again).

But forced to choose up or down I would play along, since the absence of these restrictions would doubtless enable far more objectionable abortions than allowable ones (those that would be allowed, were it up to me, as of course it is not and will never be) while, of course, disenabling none.

And, anyway, the allowable ones are, generally, merely that, and rarely particularly desirable (yes, of course, according to me).

So it does not disturb me that Joe Biden supported such things, when first proposed, and may still do so.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren Slams Joe Biden's Support Of Hyde Amendment

No comments:

Post a Comment