The pseudonym "Philo Vaihinger" has been abandoned. All posts have been and are written by me, Joseph Auclair.

Saturday, August 3, 2019

About OITNB

My wife tells me this is the last season of Orange is the New Black.

As it has been in the past, this is truly an excellent show full of wonderful acting opportunities for people who might not otherwise see a lot of work, or such fine work, in a major and popular program.

And as I have been in the past, I am during almost every episode deeply offended by the constant undercurrent of white bashing.

I mean, shouldn't my living room, or any room where I watch TV, feel to me like a safe place?

Why, I feel like such a snowflake.

All the same, the show this season is highlighting the cruelty of Bozo's policy on the southern border, and there I cannot help but sympathize.

Family separation, child imprisonment, deportation of people who've been here since childhood - the horrors just go on and on.

No comments:

Post a Comment