The pseudonym "Philo Vaihinger" has been abandoned. All posts have been and are written by me, Joseph Auclair.

Saturday, August 22, 2020

Apples and oranges

Twice on Fox I have heard GOP pols insist that if it's safe to wait on line at the grocery then it's safe to do so for in person voting.

When I shop there is never more than the person being rung up and one other ahead of me in line and there is almost always no one behind me.

And there is an express lane for people with 12 items or less that does move notably more quickly.

Almost always as I shop there is no one within ten or fifteen feet of me as I wheel my cart through the store, though I do now and then have to pass within two feet, very briefly, of another person.

Even in Mount Lebanon, Pa., and even mid-day, voting lines are longer, sometimes much, much longer.

At the grocery, everybody wears a mask but as many as a third, even of the employees, leave their noses exposed so they can breathe through them, thus wholly defeating the masks they wear.

Voting lines won't be better in that regard.

In many parts of the country voters stand waiting for hours with hundreds ahead and behind.

I guess the good news is they extend for blocks outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment