The pseudonym "Philo Vaihinger" has been abandoned. All posts have been and are written by me, Joseph Auclair.

Friday, September 13, 2013

The music of your generation

stays with you all your life.

The music of your adolescence and early 20s.

I stopped listening to pop music not long after that.

So did my peers, my parents, and their parents.

Very late in life I recovered a taste for jazz.

Jazz of that same period in my life.

Even the classical music I like is mostly what I first heard then.

I have the same haircut and much the same sort of clothes.

Different beard, though.

Too much gray, now, for a full beard.

Too much like Gabby Hayes.

Now it's just a Van Dyke.

Update.

By the time Hill Street Blues came along I watched nothing on TV but news, cop shows, and mysteries.

Sine then, I've come to depend on the Internet for news.

No comments:

Post a Comment