The pseudonym "Philo Vaihinger" has been abandoned. All posts have been and are written by me, Joseph Auclair.

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Is Rubio done?

Verbally beaten up by Christie the other night in debate but still expecting to win in NH, his abysmal failure there could have finished him.

Rubio's Whole Career Probably Ended Last Night

The debate thing was this bad.

Late on Saturday evening I started to think if I could remember a debate where one candidate had damaged another candidate quite that badly in a single encounter. The only instance that came to mind was Lloyd Bentsen's notorious "you're no Jack Kennedy" assault on Dan Quayle in 1988.

But on reflection I realized that Christie's evisceration of Rubio was worse.

I saw that.

Bentsen simply dissed Quayle to death on that one.

The whole Murphy Brown thing, on which he was actually right, hurt him, too.

The debate exchange.

No comments:

Post a Comment