The pseudonym "Philo Vaihinger" has been abandoned. All posts have been and are written by me, Joseph Auclair.

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Trump a target?

Ross Doubthat is a conservative and a Republican who has taken it into his head to twitter about somebody ending Trump's campaign by assassination.

Possibly his point was that frantic conservative efforts to stop Trump will all fail and nothing can save the Republican Party from his nomination but his premature death.

I don't much read Doubthat and I don't know his views on Trump, so for all I know he may have meant this as a sneer at those desperate to prevent his nomination.

And neither did I know about the flood of death threats Trump has been subjected to, or the bounty on his head.

I think we have to give Trump credit for nerve, given the constant vilification he has been subjected to and, now that I see it, given the threats and the danger.

No comments:

Post a Comment