The pseudonym "Philo Vaihinger" has been abandoned. All posts have been and are written by me, Joseph Auclair.

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Utter bilge

Here's What Happens When You Post a Gun on Social Media and You're Not Jeb

Brendan is full of beans.

The web is full of pix people have posted of their guns, of themselves holding or displaying or firing them, etc.

Heck, I have posted photos of guns on this blog to show what my own handguns look like.

I have a Ruger SP 101 in .357 magnum.


And a 9 mm CZ 75B.


And a Ruger .22 pistol.


If you want more pictures you can google these guns.

Many firearms enthusiasts have blogs, facebook accounts, or their own websites where they display such photos.

Is Brendan aware?

Clearly not.

I have no idea what "facebook thugging" is.

As for Jeb's FN pistol, some people think it's supposed to be embarrassing that he tweeted a photo of this gift from a company whose parent company in Belgium, during WW2, produced Browning High Powers for the German conquerors.

This is the image Jeb tweeted.


Here's that Nazi FN High Power.


My dad, a paratrooper during the war, brought one of them home that my brother now has.

To this day there is a brisk commerce in these guns among collectors.

The extraordinary hostility of Democrats to Jeb's tweet is pretty disgusting, but I suppose only to be expected during a campaign season when candidates have to establish their bona fides on culture war issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment