The pseudonym "Philo Vaihinger" has been abandoned. All posts have been and are written by me, Joseph Auclair.

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Say what? On what planet?

Dear White People: What Are You Willing to Sacrifice for a Worried Muslim Woman Like Me?

I keep reading these Facebook posts apologizing to Muslims, to queer people, to immigrants, to people of color for the election of Donald Trump. 

I know these posts are meant in solidarity, but right now they just make me feel like I am already being mourned: 

The worst has happened, the world is ending, and I will not save you—I will just lament the loss of your existence.

In two weeks, three months, a year, when these white allies who are outraged and appalled and disgusted realize that a Trump presidency will not significantly impact their day-to-day lives, are they going to abandon us?

So the whole thing, in her mind, was and is only about a threat to minorities?

And MoJo liked this piece so much they asked to her to expand it and then headlined it.

So the Democrats really are the party for everybody except white people?

Yep. Reality based.

No comments:

Post a Comment