The pseudonym "Philo Vaihinger" has been abandoned. All posts have been and are written by me, Joseph Auclair.

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Did that happen? I guess it did.

Trump, back in June, during a condolence call to someone who lost a son in battle, said he would send that person a personal check for $ 25 K, and then never sent it?

Huh?

Now how is that appropriate?

But Bill Maher said it happened.

So do others, it turns out.

The father of a slain U.S. Army corporal says President Donald Trump offered him $25,000 over the phone earlier this year while calling to offer his condolences and then never followed through, according to The Washington Post. 

Chris Baldridge told the publication that a few weeks after his 22-year-old son, Army Cpl. Dillon Baldridge, was gunned down by an Afghan police officer on June 10, he had a 15-minute phone call with the president. 

Baldridge said he told Trump of “his struggle with the manner in which his son was killed,” according the Post story, and was offered $25,000 after telling the president about his frustration with the military’s survivor benefits program.

Baldridge said he “can barely rub two nickels together,” and that his ex-wife would receive the Pentagon’s $100,000 death gratuity because she was his son’s beneficiary.

According to the Post story: “[Trump] said, ‘I’m going to write you a check out of my personal account for $25,000,’ and I was just floored, Baldridge said. I could not believe he was saying that, and I wish I had it recorded because the man did say this. He said, ‘No other president has ever done something like this,’ but he said, ‘I’m going to do it.’”

But Baldridge told the Post he had not yet received a check yet. 

He said he did receive a condolence letter from the administration, adding that he “opened it up and read it ... hoping to see a check in there.”

“I know it was kind of far-fetched thinking. But I was like, ‘Damn, no check.’ Just a letter saying ‘I’m sorry,’” he told the Post.

Sounds like a Trump voter.

Good to see The Duce keeps his private promises to them about as well as he keeps his public promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment