The pseudonym "Philo Vaihinger" has been abandoned. All posts have been and are written by me, Joseph Auclair.

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas to all

Atheist that I am, I really enjoy Christmas and am glad to celebrate it with the rest of my family, all of whom are at least cultural if not entirely orthodox or believing Christians, and mostly Catholics.

Last weekend we visited the kids and did presents with the grand-children, since we can't be there for Christmas and will be home, instead.

In fact, tomorrow I get to cook my second turkey of the holiday season, the first having been to celebrate Thanksgiving.

Shopping yesterday, for the second time in as many weeks I stuffed a few dollars into the pot outside the grocery store, owned and operated by the Salvation Army.

You don’t have to be a believer to chip in a bit, at Christmas, to help them help out.

You don't have to be a 17th Century New England Puritan, or share their values, or think much of their achievements to enjoy a good Turkey Day with the family, either. 

Nobody went to church, for either holiday. 

Nor will anyone be going for New Year's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment