The pseudonym "Philo Vaihinger" has been abandoned. All posts have been and are written by me, Joseph Auclair.

Monday, December 23, 2013

Mob City

First time for me.

The music is great.

Good cast.

The story takes liberties with the truth, but then that's what "based on fact" means, is it not?

Sid Rothman, for example, is a wholly made-up character and Bugsy was a crazy trigger-man for Meyer Lansky and later for Lucky Luciano.

Robert Knepper, who plays Rothman, has been a seriously under-rated portrayer of bad guys for many years, now.

I wish him greater success in the future.

Much more of a surprise is the also excellent Neal McDonough playing a good guy.

I keep expecting his William Parker to turn out to be the secret boss of all the mobsters in the city.

People familiar with his work in the past will understand what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment