The pseudonym "Philo Vaihinger" has been abandoned. All posts have been and are written by me, Joseph Auclair.

Sunday, May 22, 2016

A death in the family

My step-sister, whom I have not seen in some decades, died in a hospice just the other day, the night of the 18th of this month.

She lived all her life in central Massachusetts.

I moved to Pittsburgh in 1975, my parents moved to Florida a little later, and my brother and his family moved thereafter to North Dakota.

I had not known she was ill, but she was recently diagnosed with stage IV of some form of cancer her son, her only child and my informant, did not know more about.

He and his family live in Florida.

She is survived by a husband with whom she lived all her adult life in Worcester, her son, and two grandchildren as well as two step-brothers and a step-mother.

She and I were not close.

Still.

No comments:

Post a Comment