The pseudonym "Philo Vaihinger" has been abandoned. All posts have been and are written by me, Joseph Auclair.

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Legacy shaving

Since I switched to wet shaving with a DE a few months ago I have learned through experience that my preferred razors are quite mild, a Merkur 180 and a Feather Popular.

Acne scaring and arthritis in the hands combine to make nicks a near certainty with anything more aggressive.

All the same, I do have a few unused injectors left for the Schick with which I shaved for so many decades, so I have put that razor back in the rotation, pending exhaustion of the supply, despite its greater exposure to the blade.

So, despite my caution, this morning I did get a small nick – not enough to need a styptic pencil or a bit of TP – on a scar on my cheek.

We’ll see how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment