The pseudonym "Philo Vaihinger" has been abandoned. All posts have been and are written by me, Joseph Auclair.

Sunday, June 14, 2020

Haters gotta hate, and I don't mean J. K.

My granddaughters love her books, as did my late wife.

And the earlier movies, at least, were fun.

J.K. Rowling Writes about Her Reasons for Speaking out on Sex and Gender Issues

To think that only four hundred years ago people burned each other and each other's books for the wrong spin on substitutionary atonement, the wafer, or the incarnation.

Voltaire and the other sages of the Enlightenment taught Europe and America to call those people fanatics and to condemn them for their odium theologicum - their theological hate.

Rowling has been "much banned" in religious schools for the distinctive and contra-Christian mythology of her books.

She has now acquired a quite new set of enemies.

I am so out of touch I had to look up "trans man" to find it's female to male, either transgender (a matter of psychology and identification) or transsexual (a matter of reproductive organs).

No comments:

Post a Comment