The pseudonym "Philo Vaihinger" has been abandoned. All posts have been and are written by me, Joseph Auclair.

Sunday, December 11, 2016

Truth be told

I have often thought that if you were so desperate to get here you would cross a desert on foot to do it, or swim shark infested waters, then despite the law you should be allowed to stay.

Only one of oh so many reasons I could not be an honest law enforcement official.

There are way too many laws I would not want to enforce, and way too many times I would want to play vigilante.

Why do conservatives insist we must all be proud of the entire history of the United States?

Why not use Thanksgiving and Memorial Day and even Columbus Day to celebrate who we are, the America and Americans we are, rather than a past that is, for most of us, not ours in any event and, for none of us, the kind of America we want to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment