The pseudonym "Philo Vaihinger" has been abandoned. All posts have been and are written by me, Joseph Auclair.

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Moving on? Doesn't look it.

Paul Ryan: I don't want to work with Democrats on health care

House Speaker Paul Ryan says he has no interest in working with Democrats on getting health care legislation passed, disputing a suggestion by the White House to reach across the aisle and bypass conservative House Republicans.

"I'm trying to get this bill passed," Ryan said on CBS's "This Morning." 

"Nancy (Pelosi) and I see things very, very differently. I don't want government running health care."

"I don't want that to happen. I want a patient-centered system," Ryan added.

Earlier this week, White House press secretary Sean Spicer said President Donald Trump is "absolutely" willing to work with Democrats on a way forward on health care.

"What I worry about, Norah (O'Donnell), is if we don't do this, then he'll just go work with Democrats to try to change Obamacare -- and that's hardly a conservative thing," he said.

"If this Republican Congress allows the perfect to become the enemy of the good, I worry we'll push the President to working with Democrats. He's been suggesting that much."

The Wisconsin Republican said he hopes that Republicans can come together and figure out a solution to repealing the Affordable Care Act.

No comments:

Post a Comment