The pseudonym "Philo Vaihinger" has been abandoned. All posts have been and are written by me, Joseph Auclair.

Monday, March 25, 2019

If monopolies are bad why isn't Medicare for All bad?

I think I would still be happier with an expanded exchange with expanded subsidies and a very much shrunk Medicaid system, so that all told everybody, or damned near everbody, got pretty fully covered.

It's that market power of the only game in town, or by far the biggest game in town, that bothers me.

I absolutely do not want the federal government to control the direction of health care or pharmacy research and development.

And I would still be happier with a voucher system for tuition at whatever secondary school the student wants, with yearly amounts big enough to make public institutions effectively tuition free.

More like universalizing the GI Bill's education benefit than a federal takeover of the public secondary schools of the entire country.

So, no, not quite the AOC/Bernie agenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment