The pseudonym "Philo Vaihinger" has been abandoned. All posts have been and are written by me, Joseph Auclair.

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Another "existential threat."

Pope Francis to the UN: environmental degradation threatens ‘the very existence of the human species’

The human species won't last forever, anyway.

Not even all that long.

It will eventually go extinct, and some people - mostly but not only a narrow sect of environmentalists or moral philosophers - urge the sooner, the better.

Though I am not among those folks, I am not interested in any sacrifice to delay an inevitable event that is of no concern to myself or anyone who considers well what events, in the world, truly concern him, anyway.

Always assuming that I, like the vast majority of humans who by then will ever have lived, will be already dead before the extinction event.

Probably very long before.

No comments:

Post a Comment