The pseudonym "Philo Vaihinger" has been abandoned. All posts have been and are written by me, Joseph Auclair.

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Unspeakable views


US Republican presidential hopeful Ben Carson says he does not believe a Muslim should become president.

"I would not advocate that we put a Muslim in charge of this nation. I absolutely would not agree with that," he told NBC's Meet The Press.

. . . .

He said he believed the president's faith should be consistent with the US constitution.

Asked if he considered Islam to be consistent, he said: "No, I do not."

No Abrahamic religion and perhaps no major religion at all has a fully satisfactory view on separation of church and state, which I suppose may be the root of Carson's objection.

Or it may just be that Muslims in their politics tend too nearly universally to be anti-American, anti-Western, and anti-Zionist, even if they aren't planting bombs or running off to join ISIS.

Ben Carson was asked in the NBC interview on Sunday whether he thought President Obama was born in the United States and is a Christian, to which he responded: "I believe that he is. I have no reason to doubt what he says."

No comments:

Post a Comment