The pseudonym "Philo Vaihinger" has been abandoned. All posts have been and are written by me, Joseph Auclair.

Monday, June 25, 2018

Pretty good bet the cop will get away with it


The funeral for Antwon Rose II, the unarmed teen who was shot by police last week, sparking several days of protest in Pittsburgh, will be held Monday.

Rose, 17, was shot by an officer three times on Tuesday as he attempted to flee a car stopped by police.

. . . .

East Pittsburgh Police Officer Michael Rosfeld fired on Rose, hitting him in three spots, police said.

Rose had been a passenger in the car, which authorities suspected of being involved in a shooting earlier on Tuesday, Allegheny County police said.

The officer ordered the driver out of the car and onto the ground, police said. Rose and another passenger "bolted" from the vehicle, and the East Pittsburgh officer opened fire, striking the teenager, police said.

Rosfeld had been sworn in to the East Pittsburgh police force just hours before the shooting, though he'd worked with other local departments for seven years, CNN affiliate WPXI reported.

"He murdered my son in cold blood. If he has a son, I pray his heart never has to hurt the way mine has but I think he should pay for taking my son's life. I really do. I think he should pay for taking my son's life," Kenney told ABC.

Rosfeld has been placed on administrative leave, police said.

No comments:

Post a Comment