The pseudonym "Philo Vaihinger" has been abandoned. All posts have been and are written by me, Joseph Auclair.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Immigration battles?



Elsewhere on the web today a liberal blogger denigrated white people dismayed at the prospect of becoming a minority in the USA.

I posted a comment asking him whether anyone has ever been happy as a member of a racial minority.

Who would welcome such a fate for himself, particularly if the emergent majority is noted for grievance against and hostility toward his, the current majority, race?

Who would welcome it for his descendants but someone who would likely also not care much about how bad the physical environment gets for them, right along with the social environment?

I posted two comments to the article to which I link, above, about immigration.

Second.

Oh, I'm a Democrat, by the way.

The next time I vote Republican (I voted for Nixon and Bush the Younger) will be after the party stops trying to kill Social Security and Medicare and starts voting to enhance benefits for both.

Let me know when you're ready.

:-)

 First

I admit I speak only for myself, but why not just shut the door?

Declare a moratorium on all immigration for a few decades?

And why do the line jumpers, rendered legal residents, have to be allowed EVER to become citizens?

Why shouldn't permanent loss of that prospect be a fair punishment for line jumping and a deterrent to future line jumping?

And if we do nothing else can't we stop or at least further limit Muslim immigration and Muslim visits on temporary visas?

Just asking why not, is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment