The pseudonym "Philo Vaihinger" has been abandoned. All posts have been and are written by me, Joseph Auclair.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Will more people drink?



Maybe they should.

It’s good for you, and I don’t just mean Guinness.

In moderation, of course.

My PCP says two drinks a day.

Any less and you don’t get the benefit.

Any more and your blood pressure starts to climb.

Anyway, talk about the Nanny State.

Jeez.

Where is Mencken when you need him?

I seem to recall an initiative years ago to abolish the Liquor Control Board and privatize all liquor sales.

Age restrictions would be unchanged.

I don't recall why, but the Pennsylvania left was full bore against privatization.

Not sure if it was because ordinary clerks have it tough compared to unionized, well-benefited employees of the LCB, but I think it was.

Exactly the wrong kind of support for union labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment