The pseudonym "Philo Vaihinger" has been abandoned. All posts have been and are written by me, Joseph Auclair.

Saturday, May 16, 2020

Masks off?

Pittsburgh flipped from red to yellow yesterday, on the governor’s color coded scheme.

Riverside Park, where I went for today's walk, was the most crowded I’ve seen this season.

Exactly two people wore masks, which makes me wonder if they are actually sick.

Just a couple days ago everybody there wore a mask, including me.

The marina is well packed today with boats, and lots more were on the water.

A large parking area is reserved for vehicles with boat trailers and it was full.

There is a public landing and it was constantly in use with people putting boats into or taking them out of the Mon.

I have never seen a nest but the Canadian geese that have been hanging around for more than a month are outnumbered now by their own brown-feathered young.

On the other hand, traffic on 88, Brownsville Road, 18th Street, Carson street, and most of the others I drove today was still absurdly light for a Saturday afternoon.

Most retailers still closed and I guess the bars on Carson can’t open yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment