The pseudonym "Philo Vaihinger" has been abandoned. All posts have been and are written by me, Joseph Auclair.

Sunday, June 4, 2017

Yard work

There is a huge hedge in front of the house that is getting really annoying.

About 6 feet high at the center of the not really flat top, the thing is sort of a large rectangle about 4 feet in depth and 11 or 12 feet in width.

I'm over 6 feet tall and it took me two days of tiptoe stretching, leaning way into the hedge, to get the new growth trimmed.

Now I need to figure out how to cut away enough old growth to make it no more than 4 feet tall and maybe not much more than 3 feet in depth.

While I was at it I trimmed off the low growth of the tree in the front yard to keep the walkway clear, and attended to the proliferation of foreign saplings mixed up with the rose bushes and lilacs in the side yard.

That was another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment