The pseudonym "Philo Vaihinger" has been abandoned. All posts have been and are written by me, Joseph Auclair.

Friday, January 4, 2013

Do these questions reflect your priorities?


They don't reflect mine.

Not under any heading.

§ Presidential war making

I don’t mind the president claiming as a war power the power to kill American citizens, given they are actually fighting for the enemy.

I don’t think congress has any constitutional mandate for kibitzing if the president in his role as commander in chief exercising constitutionally legitimate war powers in a constitutionally legitimate war “targets and kills” innocent folk by mistake.

§ Climate change

I oppose what the liberals want and want what they oppose, disbelieving in the problem to exactly the same extent as their proffered “solutions” continue to focus on irrelevant measures of global leveling.

§ Global economic recovery

Our concern should be with the flourishing of our own economy, and that is not the job of the Secretary of State.

§ Militarization of US foreign policy

My policy is Isolationism.

Theirs is globalist internationalism.

§ Afghanistan

It’s not clear what they are looking for, here.

I just want us out.

§ The Middle East

They want more meddling with liberal aims.

 I want us out.

§ Iran and nuclear peril

Everything they say supposes a depth of engagement and attempted control that I think we simply ought to give up.

Liberals are a lesser evil than conservatives.

But they are still an evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment