The pseudonym "Philo Vaihinger" has been abandoned. All posts have been and are written by me, Joseph Auclair.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Who are the real democrats?



My comment to JN’s article.

Your concerns are totally valid but, personally, I'll be really impressed with The Nation's commitment to democracy when you come out for

(1) Federal unicameralism (abolish the senate, keep the house),

(2) Denying the Supreme Court's power of constitutional review,

(3) Reading the supremacy clause as an affirmation of the supremacy of the federal legislature,

(4) Abolition of the Electoral College and election of presidents by popular vote, and

(5) Repealing Article V and putting in place a national amendment process closer to the much more democratic procedures of a number of states, allowing for popular initiatives and requiring validation through referenda.

Soon?

Not that I'm all that unreservedly a democrat, myself.

But they are the ones whining.

No comments:

Post a Comment