The pseudonym "Philo Vaihinger" has been abandoned. All posts have been and are written by me, Joseph Auclair.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Lapsang souchong




Oh, my.

Never tried it before but I’ve been meaning to, so I picked up some Twinings bags at the Giant Eagle this morning.

Wow.

What an aroma of smoke.

Once the plastic was off the box and I had opened it to get a bag I decided it was too strong to just leave them in the cupboard like that.

I took all the bags out of the box and stuck them in a sealed freezer-bag.

Frankly, the smell scared me.

But I boiled some water and gave it a try.

Both the scent and the flavor are quite strong, but you can just catch the smell of tea behind the smoke and the flavor, I think, is very nice.

And that’s a relief, actually.

I had read many places that people tend to love or hate this tea.

But I more often like new foods and drinks than not, so that didn’t scare me.

But I have to admit that strong smell of smoke when I took the plastic off the box alarmed me, and it was with a bit of pessimism that I brewed a cup and took my first sip.

That burned smell is right there and doesn’t quit.

That will take getting used to.

But the flavor is excellent.

Je ne regrette rien.

No comments:

Post a Comment