The pseudonym "Philo Vaihinger" has been abandoned. All posts have been and are written by me, Joseph Auclair.

Saturday, November 4, 2017

US back to standard time, tonight

Fall back at 2:00 Sunday morning.

In the US, DT = ST + 1 hour.

ST = DT - 1 hour.

Fox News has argued we should stay on standard time, year round.

Personally, I would prefer daylight time year round, or even double daylight time (ST + 2 hours).

Most of their arguments are not against DT, but against flipping back and forth twice a year.

As for me, I hate the darkness of night starting so early.

And I sleep late enough so the difference in the morning affects me little.

So I get more daylight during waking hours with daylight time, and might do even better with double daylight.

And it's not just me.

Most people hate winter not only for the cold and dangerous outdoor weather but for the early and long hours of darkness.

In fact, minimizing darkness during waking hours, or maximizing daylight, is the whole idea.

Fun facts to know and tell.

The International Date Line

Daylight Saving Time

No comments:

Post a Comment