The pseudonym "Philo Vaihinger" has been abandoned. All posts have been and are written by me, Joseph Auclair.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Dana Milbank picks one from column B



Most normal humans agree with most political parties about some things, at least one thing, though not about others.

And you can say the same about prominent politicians.

Today, previously thought to be a Democrat in net, DM agrees with Paul on a few items based squarely on his libertarianism on which I, absolutely a Democrat in net, disagree with him.

DM supports and I oppose an immigration deal featuring citizenship and votes for millions of illegals on top of the millions who got the same treatment back in Reagan’s day and no doubt harbingering millions yet to come in the future, unless the libertarians just jam open the door, anyway.

Speaking of which, DM is gladdened and I am dismayed by Paul’s strongly pro-immigration views.

DM is gladdened by and I am largely indifferent to Paul’s openness to gay marriage.

DM opposes and I support the president’s use of drones and the government’s secrecy about it, though in general I oppose our continued on-the-ground warfare in Muslim territory.

At the same time, DM opposes and I support another facet of the Rand stand: the senator’s so-called isolationism.

For me, that is the only good thing about him.

And for DM that seems to be the only bad thing.

Given his final remarks, has he turned Republican?

Or is he close to it?

No comments:

Post a Comment