The pseudonym "Philo Vaihinger" has been abandoned. All posts have been and are written by me, Joseph Auclair.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Lesser evil, indeed.



Per the report,

US President Barack Obama spoke to his South Korean counterpart Lee Myung-bak to coordinate a response.

He "unequivocally reaffirmed" the US defence commitment to South Korea, "including the extended deterrence offered by the US nuclear umbrella," the White House said.

So South Korea gets to hide behind my granddaughters?

I do not find that a cheering thought.

And I was not aware that any treaty binding us to SK had any express connection with the “nuclear umbrella,” anyway.

I realize it’s a little late to be backing away from our defense commitments to SK and Japan.

But better a little late than too late, don’t you think?

And there is still time to climb down.

Not that I think for a moment it will happen.

Sometimes a lesser evil isn’t really any better than a greater, in any significant or relevant respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment