The pseudonym "Philo Vaihinger" has been abandoned. All posts have been and are written by me, Joseph Auclair.

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Nietzsche. A note about quotes


I am currently reading the Kennedy translation of The Dawn of Day, 1911, and I have just again read the Kaufmann translation of The Gay Science.

Somewhere along the way I seem to have lost Kaufmann's translation of The Dawn.

I have many of N's books, bought at different times in my life and not all translated into English by the same one, or even two or three, translators.

Some I still have were bought in the 1960s.

I have read some of Nietzsche's books several times and pretty much all of him more than once.

When I read something of his and then write a post about it, the online translation to which I link has so far never been the one I actually read.

So the English wording generally differs a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment